Thursday, April 14, 2011

Kindergarten round-up

I took the morning off today so Carter and I could attend Kindergarten round up. How could it be that I almost have a 5 year old who will be going to Kindergarten in August? He was just a little boy the other day rolling over, pulling up on furniture, wobbling with the first steps, and now he is walking in the halls and ready to see his friends that already go to Kindergarten. We watched the Kindergartners today sing for us, then he got to go to a classroom and check things out while I listened the informational part. He came back with a smile and an "I'm hungry" so I think he is ready. Other teachers kept asking me today if he was ready and if I was ready. I am excited for him to come to my school. It will be nice to have him there with me and I know he will love it too. Now, my next goal is for him to make some friends that I know will be going to Kindergarten too because all of his friends there are older. And, since our neighborhood does not attend my school he doesn't have neighborhood friends either. I know he will make friends, but it would be nice for him to see a familiar face. What I am not ready for is Kara turning 3 soon. How could that be? She is getting to be so big and not a baby girl anymore.

No comments: