Saturday, July 18, 2009

Birthday Boy















I can't believe three years has passed by. This morning I was thinking that three years ago we were pacing for the hospital to call and tell me to come in since I was induced with Carter and they didn't call until 2pm! But as I sit three years later I am blessed to have such an amazing little boy who brightens our lives.

We had a great sunny day, the rain held off until this evening so the construction dig was NOT rained out! Of course, it was hot as it always is with a July birthday but the kids had a great time. We did a little digging in the mulch, then some cement mixing, and cake. Carter recieved so many fabulous gifts- he has been playing with all of the new trucks, cars, golf set, since the party ended. He managed to ride his bike before the sereve thunderstorm blew through but as soon as it stopped raining he had a hard time understanding why he couldn't go out and ride again with the thunder and lightning! Of course, I told him we would ride every day this week. :) So, you will find me riding a bike this week probably all day! Kara got both of her naps in but Carter didn't so the falling asleep took 5 minutes tonight.


Three years later and his are some of Carter's likes and dislikes.
LIKES: firetrucks, garbage trucks, playing baseball, playing football, going on walks/rides, jumping off the side of the pool, reading all kinds of books, singing his ABC's, playing with Kara, going to the park, his light blue blankie that he calls his white one (it has been washed ALOT is almost looks white), wearing button shirts (he wants to wear one everyday instead of a normal t-shirt!), drinking milk, and getting sonic ice cream cones!

DISLIKES: sleeping and staying in his own bed (we are working on this!!!), eating a variety of vegetables, blueberries, and...... there must be other things that his dislikes?






Overall, he is an outstanding big brother, loving son and we are so thankful to have him in our lives. I can't imagine life around the Hambrick household without a giggle from him.

No comments: