Goodbye staying up past bedtime
Goodbye staying in pj's until lunch
Goodbye going on picnics
Goodbye snow-cones
Goodbye swimming in the pool
Goodbye flip-flops
Goodbye SUMMER
Hello alarm
Hello backpacks
Hello new pencils
Hello new friends
Hello new teachers
Hello SCHOOL!
We have an excellent summer this year. For the most part Carter and Kara played so well together during the stay at home days, rainy days and even traveling in the car together. I know these days are not always going to happen so it was a blessing when it did. We still talk about our Alabama trip and in fact Carter told me today he wishes our house was there! HA HA! It was an amazing- relaxing time spent and we will be going back. The rest of the summer was spent swimming, playing, swimming, eating snow cones, swimming and just having fun together.
Carter and Kara start back to their sitters tomorrow and I will be back at inservice (meetings). Then, Wednesday is our BIG day when Carter goes to school. So, farewll to Summer!
(I guess that means I start my count down until Christmas. haha)
Happy 4th of July!
9 years ago
2 comments:
Good luck this year. I still get sad every year at this time when everyone is going back to school. I miss it! I hope you have a great class this year.
That is sad...I always love summertime (well, except this summer--it's been tooooo hot for this preggo girl). Can't believe Carter is going to school--preK, already? Have one last snow cone, YUMM-O!
Post a Comment