I do believe in signs. Stop signs, railroad signs, religious signs, and even signs from above. I have been stressed lately to say the least. I was worrying about being able to pick Carter up from school (praying my lunch would be around 11:15 because our sitter couldn't get him meaning he either stays for extended care ($$$) or I go and get him), my class this year, and really everyday worries. The day I started back to school and I got my lunch schedule I was relieved to find out that my lunch was 11:13-11:43! PERFECT for picking up Carter and taking him to the sitters. I will have plenty of time. I emailed my mom saying my prayers had been answered. Her response " must have been the cardinal in my backyard this morning."
Must have been!
History: My grandmother loved cardinals and had many in her house. Every time I see one I think "that must be her checking on me". I do believe in signs. There are many times I see them and it seems they show up when I need to see one the most. Like when I was nursing Carter or Kara and they would fly by or on days when I am questioning myself as a mother. A sign is a marvelous thing!
So, the following weekend after I got my lunch schdule I found what had been "chirping" in a crepe mertle bush by our back door. A nest! Of course, it had to be cardinals! Well, last Sunday I went to turn off the hose and as I was walking in the back door there was a "commotion". The baby bird had gotten out of the nest and was trying to fly. Mommy and daddy bird were VERY close by. The bird flapped around quite a bit but never flew off with the parents. Walter was busy researching cardinals as I didn't know if it was ready to be out of the nest, etc. I took this as another sign that school was going to be o.k.
My first sign
Mommy cardinal watching the baby in the grass
baby "talking" to Gordy
We tried to get the baby to get into a "nest" but who knows where it went.
No comments:
Post a Comment