Kara had a Thanksgiving feast at school and I was able to take the morning off which I consider a blessing. Her class dressed as Pilgrims and had a parade around the school then came back to enjoy a little trail mix snack. I love her Blessing placemat which including: her family, church, her bike, her mommy and chips and cheese. :)
The first Saturday of the Thanksgiving break we were finally able to do our cubscout camp out. It was an filled with a beach scavenger hunt, hot dogs, smores and ghost crabbing. We all slept pretty good- it wasn't too cold, but rather our tent got a little wet from the bay breeze. We packed up the next morning and headed home to prepare our home for CHRISTMAS! Our favorite time of year.
I love how I am looking at these photos and realized that the top half of the tree is burnt out! Oh well, I guess that means I have to check a few bulbs... sometime.
We celebrated my moms birthday a day later and it is not complete without an RJ Goodies Almond Creme pie. Plus, the night included some hair styling with Kara and Natalie.
Our elf - Elfie returned and this year he brought a girl elf- we assume it is his sister. Kara had asked Santa for a girl last year and he filled the request. So, the third night they got into a little mischief with my faux snow and also left a bucket of snowballs for the family to have a snowball fight! Fun times when the elves return. Kara named hers Sprinkles so we made a few cupcakes on Thanksgiving morning with Sprinkles of course!
We spent Thanksgiving day at Walter's aunts house. The kids played kickball, rode the Barbie Jeep and four wheeler and we all ate and visited.
Of course, Thanksgiving is not complete without ShOPping!!! So, we ventured out at 7:00 to Walmart, Target and then I headed home but my mom and sister went to Kohls. This is the first year that there really wasn't anything I really needed but its a "tradition" that must continue. :)















No comments:
Post a Comment