Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer is here!













Summer has begun and this weekend has been sooooo busy! We kicked off the summer with a BBQ and swimming with the Erwins on Friday night. Carter and Quint had a great time swimming and in fact, Carter jumped off the side of the pool (without holding my hands) for the first time. I was so shocked and impressed when he wanted to keep jumping over and over. Kara proved to not be scared of the water and wanted to walk into the pool every chance she got.












Saturday we went with Aunt Molly, Natalie and Robert down to Galveston to the AIA sandcastle contests. Here Carter and Natalie had a BLAST~ they loved jumping in the waves, digging in the sand, and just loved playing. Kara loved the beach as well. Again, I was shocked that I have a daughter who was crawling through the sand. I couldn't believe that she was literally crawling in the sand, picking it up and throwing it in her hair, probably tasting it, and loving it!!! She also loved running to the waves, and then running back when the wave "chased" her. We were in the car so long (with an hour nap for Kara only) they both were exhausted!



Sunday after church we had tickets to the Astros so we loaded up again and headed to see some baseball. This was Kara's first baseball game and I don't think it is on her top priority list to attend often but she had a good time eating ice cream out of an astros hat!





2 comments:

The Skains Family said...

Looks like your kids love the beach just as much as mine, well at least Aubrey. She can't ever get enough. They are both too cute! I am glad it's summer time for you finally.

Stacey said...

I found your blog! YEA! The kids are getting so big. They are both adorable. Let's get together sometime soon.