About three weeks ago Carter came home with a number 10 hooked to his tennis shoe. I found out that he had run and added up 10 miles! Being a former runner myself (and not one to encourage my own children to follow what I have done), I am impressed that he ran that far since jogging club began in September.
Christmas Party at school. Carter's class made reindeer ears with a red painted nose, a tree ornament, had a cookie and sprite, plus played a few games. One game was the snowball relay race. I had to run back to my class so I only saw a few activities.
The following Saturday I hosted my third annual Cookie exchange and once again, a few loyal friends came. It seems every year I invite more and this year we branched out and I had the guest invite friends... and every year things come up and the same loyal friends come. BUT- it is always fun and full of laughter. After all, that is what friends are for! :)
The next day (of the same weekend) we packed up and headed to Austin for an over night trip and a train ride on the North Pole flyer. We all had a fun time. Once on the train there was hot chocolate, caroling, Mrs. Claus delivering cookies, playing on the IPad, eating snacks, and more caroling. Plus, a visit from the train Santa. We did the night train ride but we were still able to see a few sites. The kids were good and we all had a fun time.
No comments:
Post a Comment